Tuesday 25 May 2010

Catwoman, Help a Kitty out!

In 2005 I was introduced to a young lady named Amber Moelter on the set of a fan film
Catwoman: Copycat It was my first meeting with Amber and the world of fan films, and I must say I was very impressed from the start. Sadly Copycat never saw the light of day bar a fantastic teaser promo video



I stayed in contact with Amber over the years and followed her career as best I could. Starting with her own Catwoman flick Catwoman: Resolution Shot in New York over the Christmas period 2005, it told the story of Selina Kyle's lust for jewels and the trouble it causes! It also featured my very own brother as Frankie the villainous Mob boss. This movie was finished and can be found at the above link! It has been online for a couple of years but you should still go and check it out.

In time I became aware of new projects, some didn't pan out but luckily some of the ones that did are sat on my Mac and iPod as we speak. Last Summer Amber released her debut EP under the guise of Girl in the Red Dress a three track EP to coinside with the release of her latest undertaking, a new flick named Dirty Step Upstage. I don't care who you are, everyone likes a tales of revenge and ladies in tight fitting, shiny clothes! It's story is based on real events experienced by our entrapaneurial heroine whilst at the Midem Music Market in Cannes in 2006. I still remember her telling me the story first hand in a hotel in Leeds, it still shocks me! A reality thriller that premiered and opened the Chashama Film Festival in New York last October and won Amber a best actress award! DSU went to the Maverick Movie Awards where it was nominated for 10 awards: Best Picture, Director, Screenplay, Soundtrack, Editor, Sound Editor, Best Actor & Actress, Best Supporting Actor & Actress! Nova Reid won the award for Best Actress which is pretty amazing seen as most Hollywood movies don't get that many nods. I also just heard that the movie won Silver Palm award from the Mexico International Film Festival! The flick has also been accepted into several more international festivals in America, South Africa, Ireland, and Egypt. That film is all over the place!

Her latest project has taken her back to her Catwoman days with the announcement of Amber Moelter's Catwoman Summer 2010 project! it's basically a chance to see a real life version of your favourite Catwoman, it should be a lot of fun and hopefully, if we badger her enough, when she has time she may just make another fan film based on Gotham's favourite feline anti hero!



Pop along to the facebook group, or follow her on Twitter she is under the name @almtalkies you can also find her blog over at www.almtalkies.com

P.S. Happy Geek Pride day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment