Thursday 20 May 2010

Here comes your man(ager)

Ok so here's the thing. Today we had a visit from the regional manager, we knew he was coming, I think we had known since last week. If not last week then Monday but no later than that. Since yesterday morning the whole team or at least the full time memebers of the team have been running round like escaped Arkham inmates trying to make the store look as good as possible. When he finally showed, he spent thirty minutes maybe more, wandering around the store with our manager pointing at stock and shelves etc then left.

My question is... Why?

Why announce you were coming at all? If you wanted to make your visit count surely you would show up unannounced and see what the store is really like without the venear of extra effort put in the day before! If you wanted to see how you, or more importantly the staff of a particular store could improve it why give them a check list of new initiatives only to show up less than a week later to say it again? Yeah I'm sure some new information was imparted and exchanged but why not send a memo unless you need to show those above you that you are willing to go to every store no matter how much of a slum town it is in.
I really do not understand the drama of it all! Now I'm sure someone can and will sit me down to tell me how it's procedure and such but at this momoent in time I just do not get it at all. It seems like a futile exercise, pomp and circumstance just for the sake of it. Or maybe I'm just acting pissy because I'm no more than a till jocky and get no say in anything at all?

Either way it just feels like there has been more stress placed upon an already fried groupe of people! Roll on tomorrow when we can forget out troubles with the action romp that is prince of Persia at the cinema and red dead redemption at home!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:On the bus ride home

No comments:

Post a Comment