Monday 24 May 2010

The Passing... Vaya Con Dios

Today is a sad day for me. I had to shave my playoff beard!

This morning when I woke (at 6 to be in work for 9 as it was stock take day in the store, I'll have more to say on this later) I checked my twitter feed and noticed, that the latest Sharks/Blackhawks game was on so I checked the result ad found out rather quickly that the Sharks had lost. I'm upset about that, I thought they could make it to the final series this year but ultimately they were beaten by the better team. The worst part of it all is that I had to shave the playoff beard. It seems like the playoffs have gone on forever this year and the beard was in full swing! it was time, as is tradition, to pull out the scissors, trimmer and razor and remove the spring fuzz from my face.

I couldn't go all the way though like I had planned, I decided to go with a little goatee, there is still chance I will get rid of the rest of it. I waiting to see what the reaction is to the new, trimmed facial do'

It was rather therapeutic however, removing the sadness and grief of my fallen sharks to emerge a new, optimistic for the coming season but more importantly the off season. Can the Sharks find that missing piece to their almost completed puzzle.

It is nice to not be covered in hair like some crazed mountain man! also the colour of it was amazing when I looked down into the sink to see how much had accumulated in the plug. It was copper! I didn't realize it was so ginger!

So farewell playoff beard, until next year old friend!

Go Sharks!

No comments:

Post a Comment