Tuesday 25 May 2010

Sunshine, lollypops & running around like madman

Boy oh boy, it's been a hot one as of late! It seems like for the past week I have been cooked by the sun on a daily basis (but thanks to my cunning I have kept my pastey white complexion!) I seem to have spent more time in the sun in this past week than I have in the past year.

Just to quickly get you all up to speed, I didn't go outside much as a child, or at anytime after that really. I still don't like going outside all that much, I'm still fat and am not built for heat or moderate warmth or anything above about 10 degrees

Ok, where was I? Oh yeah it's hot! All week whilst waiting for, then riding the bus to work I could feel it's angry rays bearing down on my "delicate flower" skin. Where has the heat come from? Yes I'm aware that it's May and summer is right around the corner, but it's been cold/wet/snowing for what feels like a dogs age and that's the way I like it! This being said however, on Sunday I got the call to meet my friends in town for a fun filled day of sunshine, sitting down and freash air. Who'da thought I would enjoy it!

Several hours of tossin' the pigs skin around (well the nerf skin) hittin' a baseball (and ultimately breaking the bat with my amazing Barry Bonds like strength) and sitting in the shade hiding from the sun was a real blast! Don't remember the last time I had so much fun outdoors. Yes I got hot and sweaty and yes I would rather be Kurt Russel in the Thing than Malcolm McDowell in Tank Girl but it was enjoyable none the less. Who knows I may even go outside more often!

To celebrate my new Bear Ghryls life style I shall post one of many pics of the outside world



Oh yeah, my friends like to pull faces!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment