Saturday 22 May 2010

Prince or tides, or is that time wasted?

I didn't post yesterday for one reason, and no its not Red Dead Redemption! that comes later I didn't post yesterday because I went to see Prince of Persia, and now I wish I hadn't!

Right from the opening moments of the flick I knew I wouldn't like it. I know its not the mind set you should go into a film with but that's what happened with me. I could sit here and break down the movie scene by scene but that would take far too long and would be rather dull so I shall just pull out one or two points that stuck out for me.

1: The scene near the beginning of the flick that tells Dastan's (Jake Gyllenhaal) origin seemed to me to be very poorly dubbed and from a major motion picture I feel shafted! I know every scene has a certain amount of ADR done to it but that was just awful! also the accent was just offensive!

2: while I'm on the subject of accents... why were all the Persians British? I'm sure some were even cockneys!

3: Did anyone else notice the Assassins Creed reference near the beginning? (I ask that rhetorically because I know my friend who I went with noticed) why are you referencing Another game franchise? It just seems wrong!

4: Why were all the performances dull and lifeless? Did the cast feel they could just phone it in because they were assured that the flick would make money? I expect more from Sir Ben Kingsley! Were all the actors so sure their acting chops could carry them regardless? I'm Sorry Gemma Arterton you can't rely on mincing round in a sheet your whole career you are going to have to act at some point!

5: Surely if you are going to make a big budget action flick, it can't be that hard to make Entertaining action set pieces? At no point during the film did I sit up and go "Wow! that was cool" shame on you all the set pieces should have been the easiest thing to get right, just look at the games!

6: The CGI looked unfinished! that's all I have to say on that.

I think the reason I didn't like it was because I had already seen a so bad its enjoyable fantasy flick recently, its called Clash of the Titans. That was hilariously bad this was just dull!

If you like that sort of thing, or if you think I know nothing or that I'm a douche bag go check it out. Just don't blame me when you realise you have wasted an hour and fifty five minutes of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment