Wednesday 16 June 2010

It's just a ride... And Bill Hicks is driving

I just came back from the cinema and felt this needed a post. This afternoon I saw American the Bill Hicks story and loved it.

I knew the story anyway, I had read the books, watched the gigs, read the interviews and anecdotes so I knew what was coming but it was still an enjoyable experience.

The tale of Bill as a youngster is an interesting one, the youngest of three children raised by loving parents in a quiet town. Ok so far it doesn't sound all that interesting but it's something that interested me. I do enjoy how his dream was to entertain. It reminded me an awful lot of Andy Kaufman and what d'ya know they were both pretty damn funny. Sometimes I wish I had the drive to do something when I think of it. Think maybe I could be a better person if I did that.

The movie is great. I loved the style of it all. The animated sequences were really cool, they had a real hand made kind of vibe and I think it fit the piece very well. The fact people could narrate the movie through their animated photograph.

I'm cutting this short because food is coming up soon so check out the film if you can. Great way to spend a couple of hours!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment