Friday 18 June 2010

Let us replace the national sport

I just want to state from the off, I wasn't watching the game! I was watching the notorious bettie page which was very good and made me wish for a gretchen mol of my own for Christmas but I digress.

I did see the last ten minutes of tonights "football" game between In-ger-lund and some country who only just discovered football a year ago, just before they got electricity! And I laughed so hard I want to take that moment, put it in a bag and sniff it from time to time when I feel sad!

For the last month all we have heard is football this and world cup that and support our lads and blah blah gorram blah! I have something I would like to throw into the mix, I know it's not a popular concept but one I think we should discuss after tonights lamentable performance.

Let's shift our focus from that sissy waste of time that is football and move it on to another sport we can get behind. Now cricket is right out because you "have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket" tenis is a no go for obvious reasons! Rugby is a good second place because at least it's a real sport but I think we should devote our time and effort into the worlds greatest sport ... Ice hockey!

Now hear me out, we could divert all the wasted money used up on players wages (cause they all get paid far too much to basically fall down alot) the advertising, the constant police patroles to stop the idiots trying to shiv each other like a game of MW:2 and put it all into making our youngsters great hockey players! Just think, we could have a national sport we could be proud of, it would teach the children many things from how to hurt your opponent by smashing their face into some bullet proof glass, how to conduct yourself like a real man or woman I'm not sexist, and most of all it will teach us all that if your team sucks... At least they will get physically hurt during their lost adding to their humiliation!

How great would it be to watch your national team give it their all and come out of the game looking like this..?




I for one would be proud to see my team bleed for me!

Just think about it...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Albert Rd,Doncaster,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment